Saturday, April 21, 2012

Gaps Intro day 5

Yay! Other day down.

Tomorrow we are starting stage two, which I am excited about. Having been so limited over the last 5 days, I am looking forward to including more things in to our diet.

Stage 2
- Meat or fish stock
- Well boiled GAPS - Legal veggies
- Squash winter and summer
- Boiled meat
- sea salt
- Fresh herbs - YAY!!!!
- Fermented fish
- Fermented veggies, Sauerkraut, kimchi, pickles
- Egg- yolk,
- Homemade Ghee
- Stews and Casseroles made with meat and veggies.


So there are a number of things that I'm looking forward to including in our diets, one of which is fermented veggies, I have been hanging out to start having these. Also fresh herbs to make our food more flavourful.

I had to laugh at my husband today, because he REALLY REALLY misses his cups of tea, and the occasional coffee. I think he is have some withdraws from the caffeine and sugar, but more importantly the daily routine of making several cups of tea. We are drinking ginger tea and mint tea, which have been surprisingly nice. For me I don't really like herbal tea so the adjustment of my taste buds have been a real surprise.


My laughter at him was the fact that he would like to cheat on that aspect.... Out of all the things that you can't have at the moment He would think about cheating for a cup of TEA!

For me at this point it would have to be something really really good to make me cheat, mainly because I know how hard those first few day were and I don't want to do them again if I can help it.

Another unexpected side effect for me is confidence. As each day goes my and I am developing my self control, I'm feeling more and more empowered. I can change my health, and the direction of my life. I have noticed today that I have lost some weight in my face, not large amounts that others will notice but I notice. I was smiling today and totally could feel my cheeks in a new way.

Ben on the other hand has not seen many results as yet, His stomach is still painful, however that pain has changed, so that is different. He has stopped farting, which if you are one of my facebook friends you might have seen several posts about how bad his farting has been of late. So I'm very pleased about that one. However I do wish we would have made more progress with his stomach pain.

Food for today
mineral water
beef stock
Mince, boiled, in beef stock with carrots and broccoli for Breakfast
Pumpkin soup for lunch
Dinner tonight was Slow boiled Duck! Yum! with mashed Cauliflower, carrots and Broccoli, with juices from the duck reduced to make a really rich gravy.

For those of you that are looking for links to help you on your own GAPS journey here is one that we watch a few times over that could prove to be very useful to you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnbtmqO204Q

Bye for now, see you tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I have started intro a few times and I soooo relate to your husband craving tea!! Without fail the first thing that sent me flying was a cup of tea!! I guess some of us just need to fight that more lol so yes I totally understand where he's coming from!! Keep up the good work, I feel so much more inspired now thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :0) Yes I did crave them as well, but not as much as him, I think he is starting to get used to making a cup of ginger tea, or a chamomile tea, slowly now. But it's such a routine rest thing we do.

      Delete