Friday, May 11, 2012

Day 25 - a bit of a test.

Well today is Friday, the day of the week that I need to be really organised. Cook breakfast, and Lunch and Dinner at the same time. However today I just hadn't planned far enough ahead to have dinner cooking in the slow cooker while we were out. So on the way home wee had that debate, what are we going to have for dinner, and I wasn't feeling very well. The temptation was there to get a supermarket cooked chicken..... Then the though we have done all this hard work, and I don't know where those chickens come from, what they put on them, how exactly are they cooked.

So we decided that couldn't be an option. My mother sent us home with some fruit for the children, so we decided to give them that for dinner, they had a big lunch and didn't really need anything big. So Ben went to the supermarket to grab a few things. Well those few things turned out great. Ben and I didn't eat until late, the children were in bed. So I pan fried some chicken breasts in ghee, with broccoli, onions and garlic, and halved tomatoes. My word it was tasty! Ben asked me if he had made a good choice. My reply was, "If we weren't on GAPS I wouldn't have cooked this." Which is true, if we weren't on GAPS I would have just opted for take way.

I'm so glad we made the choice for health.

Food today
Mineral water
Breakfast balls with Gravy
Lunch was left over Balls with stir fried veggies
Dinner Fried Chicken Breast, and veggies as mentioned above.

Something that has been brought to our attention was that we haven't been having our Ferments at every meal. So that is something we are going to work on this week. Tomorrow is shopping day in our household, so I planned to come home and make as many as I can to build up our stock of ferments and really get into them this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment