Sunday, June 17, 2012

GAPS intro Day 61

Wow, and double wow. We have been doing this now for 61 days. 2 months! It's almost hard to believe that it's only been 2 months!. It really feels like a lot longer. Not because it has been a really hard chore or task, but I'm starting to forget what it's like to order take away, and all the other things that we used to do pre-GAPS.

This is becoming so much a part of our way of life at the moment. I don't need to think about how I'm going to feed our family as much as when we first started. I'm almost at the stage hwere I can go to the shops or markets and I know which food we are able to eat, and how much I should get to last the fortnight. Which was one the bigger things that I had to think about when we first started.

We are now starting to venturing out into more full GAPS foods, we are mostly still on stage 4 foods, with a few added things like Dates, and berries. We haven't tried raw foods yet, but hopefully not too far away.

Our weight loss has slowed down, but we are still losing steadily which is nice. I'm currently 2 kgs away from my pre pregnancy weight with my first child. My body shape is obviously quiet different from then. But I'm glad that each week the numbers are coming down. Ben is around 10kgs away from his weight goals.

Ben's stomach pain has been increased this last week, with him spending several nights awake unable to sleep. Which has been a good reminder of life before Gaps. We are wondering several things, whether the pain is due, to bowel build up, or foods that don't agree, or detoxing. We aren't exactly sure, but we will keep plugging along. We do think he is having some reactions to nuts, and are trying to stay away from them a little unsuccessfully as the desire to branch out into new foods is quite inviting.

Juices
We are currently doing a fruit and veggie juice daily, to make GAPS milk shakes, with milk kefir, egg, and avocado. Yum! I actually really enjoy these, and it is becoming one of my favorite things. It is a double bonus for me because it is generally the one things that Ben makes on this diet, so I get a rest and a treat at the same time. :0)

As you can see from some of the recipes that I have put up on the blog lately, I am enjoying experimenting and trying out new things in the kitchen, and look forward sharing them with you.

Ben will be due to write again soon so keep a look out for that one, and don't forget to send me a message if there is a topic that you would like me to write on.
Til Next time
Christina
christinamathewson@yahoo.com.au


No comments:

Post a Comment