Sunday, November 11, 2012

Our Latest News....




For those of you that have been reading my blog recently you will know that some of the reason I have been doing the GAPS Diet with my husband is to heal my body in the hope that I will be able to have healthy pregnancies in the Future. I have had 2 c-sections, and hope to be able to have Vba2c, I have also had gestational diabetes with all my pregnancies. So the hope was that I would be about bring my body back into order, loss the extra weight, and go on to have a healthy pregnancy. I've currently lost 23kgs, an feeling pretty good, but I do still have a long way to go on the weight front.

We we recently found out that we are 5 weeks pregnant. I have started monitoring my blood sugars just to check what they are doing. So far my after eating blood sugars are perfect. However my fasting blood sugars while still in the normal range are on the higher side than the lower side, which doesn't give me much breathing room as the pregnancy progresses. So what does this mean. Well it means that my liver is still releasing glucose stores, when I'm not eating. So I'm aiming to try and do something about this while I still can. My goal at the moment will be to have kefir smoothing, morning and night, as Kefir has shown over and over again to normalise blood sugar and keep it on an even level, for both high and low blood sugars. I am also going to start walk after my evening meal. I'm hoping this is something the children and I can do together, they are doing little athletics and want to get better and I want to get fitter as well for this pregnancy, so we are planning on training together.

I'm a christian that believes that God speaks to us to day, and one thing that I have been hearing from him over and over, the last weeks is "Huff and Puff". So that is what I plan to do, starting today. I hope to use this blog as a bit of an accountability journal for this as well as for our GAPS Journey. I have no plans of leaving the GAPS Diet I believe it can give me the best chance of having a healing pregnancy.

So I'll keep you updated on how I go.
Thanks
Christina

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your pregnancy. I hope you'll be successful in keeping your blood sugar where it needs to be.

    ReplyDelete